Compbrella Guide to The Best Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is one of those kitchen appliances that can change the way you eat or at least clear up some counter space for you. The Instant Pot that can perform a wide variety of cooking jobs and will do so without you having to slave all night in the kitchen, saving you time and energy.
Recommended Instat Pots:
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Pressure Cooker 11 in 1, 8 ... Read More
- Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker 10 ... Read More
- Instant Pot Vortex 4-in-1 Air Fryer, 6 Quart, 4 ... Read More
What is an Instant Pot?
Instant Pot is the leading electric pressure cooker brand. Pressure cookers have been a kitchen staple for generations but today’s electric models are safer, more versatile, and easier than ever to use. Whether you need to cook rice, saute vegetables, or even make yogurt, Instant Pot can handle it and with its precise controls, you’ll never have to worry about messing up a recipe again.
What kind of sizes and models Instant Pot have?
Size is very important when you choosing your Instant Pot. Nearly all models come in different sizes 3, 5, 6, and even 8-quart.
- 3-quart pots are meant for meals for one or two people.
- 6-quart is the most popular and is meant for families of up to four people.
- 8-quart models are for groups of five or more.
There are five different Instant Pot models, each one a little a difference in the number of functions and features it offers.
Lux is the most basic Instant Pot model and comes in all available sizes. It can perform six different cooking functions: pressure cook, slow cook, cook rice, saute, steam, and warm food. This model comes with 12 preset programs but it also comes with manual setting so you can make adjustments to recipes once you get the hang of it.
Duo is Instant Pot’s most popular model and comes in 3-, 6-, and 8-quart sizes. In addition to the basic functions the Lux has, this model can cook at low pressure and even make yogurt! The Duo all comes with a few extra amenities like handles and the pot is completely dishwasher safe.
Duo Series Plus is, like its name says, the Duo plus a sterilization program and an updated interface. The sterilization program will really help you if you have babies at home because it can sterilize baby bottles, utensils, and pasteurize mile. In addition, you have a big, new LCD display that will let you easily adjust cooking settings.
The Ultra Series is specially designed for people living at high altitudes. It has an “attitude adjustment” feature that converts time and quantities so you can cook properly without having to worry about air pressure on your food.
The Smart Series is essentially the same as the Duo but it has the benefit of smart technology. Using Bluetooth connectivity and an app on your smartphone, you can control and monitor the Instant Pot from anywhere in your home. The only caveat is that it only comes in 6-quart size.
What to look for when shopping for an Instant Pot?
Before making your final decision, you should consider these things:
- Size: Are you cooking just for yourself or do you have a large family? 6-quarts are the most popular size but if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option you can go down a size. if you’re feeding more than four people you definitely should spring for the 8-quart models. It’s important to remember that these sizes refer to the maximum amount you can put in the pot, but you should actually only fill your pot ¾ full for safety.
- Functions: What kind of meals do you plan on cooking with the Instant Pot? There are lots of recipes out there for pressure cookers that you might not even realize. Every Instant Pop features the same basic functions: high-pressure cooking, saute, slow cooker, steam, rice maker, and food warmer. If that’s all you need you’re probably fine with the Lux but if you’re a bit more ambitious and are thinking of making soups and even cakes you should go up to at least the Lux.
Compbrella Pick for Top 3 Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Best Overall: Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt – The Duo is Instant Pot’s best and most popular models. It has the basic functions you need and more. It’s easy to clean, dishwasher safe and feature over 10 safety mechanisms so you can leave it on the counter and not worry little fingers will hurt themselves.
2nd Best: Instant Pot Ultra 8 Qt – This model is for serious Instant Pot aficionados. If you like your stews and meats slow-cooked for hours this is the model for you. You can pressure cook two hours longer than on the Lux and Duo and you can dial the temperature in down to a precise degree so your dinner will always come out how you planned.
Best Value: Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt – For your basic needs, the 3-qt Duo is perfect for singles making small portions. The Duo is an excellent addition to any home cook’s toolkit, and it will save you a lot of kitchen space by eliminating your other appliance