Compbrella Guide for Choosing The Best Cordless Stick Vacuum
We all make little messes around the house. A cookie crumbles here, a box of cereal spills there, it just happens all the time. It used to be that every mess meant we’d have to lug out the big vacuum cleaner that was too heavy to drag upstairs or too cumbersome to maneuver around the living room. Nowadays though, you have the option of a cordless stick vacuum that is lightweight, efficient, and won’t leave you connected to the electric outlet.
Recommended Cordless Stick Vacuums:
- APOSEN Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Upgraded 18000pa Stick ... Read More
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Lightweight Cordless Stick ... Read More
- APOSEN Cordless Vacuum Cleaner 4 in 1 Extension Wand ... Read More
What are the advantages of Cordless Stick Vacuum?
cordless stick vacuum has many advantages over the classic vacuum cleaner.
- Speed: One of the biggest advantages is the speed one can use the stick vacuum to clean up quickly. The absence of a cord means you can just take it out of the closet, spot clean what you need and put it back in the closet. No more wasting time untangling the cord, adjusting and moving it as your clean, and no more having to worry about it getting tangled around the furniture.
- Safety: When you’re dealing with long cords and electricity, you have to be aware of the risks, particularly if you have children running around. What if they trip on the cord? What if the vacuum blows a fuse in the wall and starts a fire? Getting rid of the cord alleviates these threats.
- Flexibility: No cord means you’re free to go anywhere you like with it. It’s easy to move around the home and hit those hard to reach spots, like stairwells. No more having to think about where you’ll plug in the vacuum so it reaches the mess. Cord-free means you’re free.
- No noise: You know that loud vacuum sound classic machines make and you were never able to talk to your parents while the machine was running? That noise is a thing of the past with cordless stick vacuums.
- Lightweight: You can pick up the cordless vacuum easily and move it around to hit any spot in your home. No more lugging a big machine up the stairs. Cordless stick vacuums are so light and easy to use, your children will have to come up with another excuse why they can’t help clean up.
Can Cordless Stick Vacuums handle pet hair?
One of the most frequent messes around the home is pet hair. We all love our pets but why do they have to shed everywhere? Cordless stick vacuums are the perfect tool for these little messes. Pop it out of storage, go over the area a couple of times and the hair is gone. Cordless stick vacuums are great for cleaning bare floors and short hair carpets, so they’re perfect for quick cleaning of crumbs, dust, and hair, on low carpets or hardwood floors.
What to consider when shopping for Cordless Stick Vacuums?
Before you rub to make your purchase, there are a few things to consider so you buy the best vacuum that’s right for:
- Charge and running time: Think about how long it takes it to clean your home and aim for that. If your home usually takes two hours to clean but you’ve bought a vacuum cleaner with just one hour run time, you’ve made a mistake. Also, check out how long it takes to charge the vacuum. Some just need a little time, some take overnight.
- Tools and attachments: Most vacuums will come with a standard suction nozzle and an attachment for crevices. However, some might come with dedicated attachments like for pet hair or wet messes.
- Variable power: Your carpet is not going to need the same suction power as your bare floor, so make sure you buy a vacuum that is adjustable to match your use.
- Battery: Not all warranties (which is another thing you should check to make sure comes with the vacuum) cover the battery of the machine. Some warranties will only cover a fraction of the time of the battery life, even if the machine is covered for longer. In any case, the battery life may be shorter than that of the vacuum cleaner itself. With this in mind, purchasing a vacuum cleaner with a replaceable battery is a huge advantage.
- Dust Space: How much dust can this vacuum cleaner suck up? If you’re going to use the stick vacuum as your main vacuum cleaner, you may want to go for the bigger model. However, if it’s just for spot cleaning, you can buy a more compact version.
- Wet and dry: Some vacuum cleaners can suck up wet materials and others can’t. If you’re the type of household where kids are constantly knocking over juice boxes, you may want to pay attention when purchasing a cordless stick vacuum and find one that can handle this mess.
Best overall: Tineco A11 Hero Cordless Vacuum
With its sixty-minute run time and detachable batteries, the Tineco is the best overall vacuum cleaner on the market. It’s incredibly powerful so not a speck of dust will be left behind on your floors and carpets, while its sleek design allows you to see every component working just as it should.
Best design: Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
With its illuminated LCD screen telling you exactly the machine’s status and easy to use, lightweight body, the Dyson cordless stick machine does the amazing job of turning an annoying household chore into a job even your kids will be willing to do.
Best value: MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Lightweight and easy to use, the Moosoo delivers the most bang for your buck in the cordless vacuum cleaner category. It has detachable batteries so you always have a freshly charged one that’s ready to go, and it’s environmentally friendly! Made with recycled materials, the Moosoo is an affordable way to keep your home, and our planet clean.
Why you should trust us
Compbrella was founded by a group of entrepreneurs with over twenty years experience working in retail, electronics, and e-commerce. Over the years, we have spent endless hours writing and revising consumer guides, interviewing customers about the products they enjoyed using, and talking to an untold number of technicians about why some products fail and others don’t. We draw from our own experiences about what products a household needs and what we use in our everyday lives. If we’re reviewing a product, it means we one of us has it in their home and thinks it, or a different version, would be a great addition to your homes. We stand by our recommendations because we make them to each other first.