Compbrella Guide for the Best Robot Vacuums
If you’re like most people today you don’t have a lot of time to clean. You work, your spouse works, and between traffic home, making dinner, and Game of Thrones, there’s just not enough time to properly clean your home. That’s where a robot vacuum cleaner comes in. These will take care of the cleaning for you while you’re away during the day. Remember when we were kids and all the movies about the future had robots doing all the housework? Well, we’re almost there. More and more people are putting aside their big vacuum cleaners and letting the robots do the work for them.
Recommended Robot Vacuums:
- iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum Bundle- Wi-Fi Connected, ... Read More
- iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic ... Read More
- Roborock S5 MAX Robot Vacuum and Mop, ... Read More
How do Robot Vacuums work?
Robot vacuums work by creating an internal map of the layout of your home. After setting it to work, the robot vacuum traverses your home, mapping out the layout and creating the most efficient route. This route will help keep cleaning time and battery usage down in the future. Operating the robot or scheduling cleaning times is simple and can be done from an app on your smartphone.
More: Compbrella Lists For
What are the pros of using Robot Vacuums?
- Schedule: With the robot vacuums scheduling capabilities, you’ll never have to worry about getting around to cleaning again. Set whatever schedule you want and let it work when you’re not home.
- Tough to reach spots: Most people don’t lift up the couch or go sweep under the bed while vacuuming. There’s just so much to do, and no one’s going to notice, right? Well, doubt no more. Robot vacuums are designed to be short enough to zip right underneath the couch and reach all that dust and dirt that you never see but piles up and can cause health problems later. Two important features of a robot vacuum are whether they are wet or dry, and how they handle corners. Some robots have side brushes that allow it to reach corners and other hard to reach angles so this is a very important thing to check when purchasing a robot vacuum.
- Smart cleaning: In addition to its regularly scheduled routes, many robot vacuums come with spot cleaning capabilities. Direct the robot towards a specific spill and it will clean up quickly and return home to its charging station.
- Versatility: Many robot vacuums have dual or even triple functions. There are three basic functions of robots: dry vacuums that only vacuum dust or debris; wet “vacuums” that clean with detergent but won’t vacuum up dirt; hybrids that combine both dry and wet functions. This allows the vacuum to handle nearly any household cleanup you throw at it.
How do Robot Vacuums work on different terrains?
There are so many brands, models, and functions on the market that it can be tough to figure out what the right robot vacuum is for you. They work best in small to medium size homes and apartments (they can’t climb stairs yet) and do their best work on bare floors. They work great on hardwood floors and most can handle short hair carpets and tiled surfaces well. Pet hair may present a unique problem for some robot vacuums. Cleaning them up depends on the brushing and vacuuming mechanism so be sure to check that you’re buying the right vacuum for you. Shaggy rugs are impenetrable for them, though, so if you have one, best to fold it up before turning on the robot. Lastly, robot vacuums are an excellent addition to any home, but they can’t replace a mop. Wet vacuums are very good at general cleanliness but don’t get rid of your old fashioned mop and broom just yet.
Compbrella Pick for Top 3 Robot Vacuums
Best Overall: iRobot Roomba 960
This robot vacuum is a must-have for anyone too busy to do housework. iRobot is the best robot vacuum and this will make all your guests believe that you have a real-life maid.
Best Battery Life: Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
With the longest battery time of any robot vacuum on the market, Ecovacs is perfect for big houses and big messes and one of the best robot vacuums you can buy.
Most Versatile: Eufy RoboVac 11 (Slim)
Versatile enough to handle your hardwood floors and carpets, the RoboVac11 is a great addition to any household.
Why you should trust us
Compbrella was founded by a group of entrepreneurs with over twenty years experience working in retail, electronics, and e-commerce. Over the years, we have spent endless hours writing and revising consumer guides, interviewing customers about the products they enjoyed using, and talking to an untold number of technicians about why some products fail and others don’t. We draw from our own experiences about what products a household needs and what we use in our everyday lives. If we’re reviewing a product, it means we one of us has it in their home and thinks it, or a different version, would be a great addition to your homes. We stand by our recommendations because we make them to each other first.